- Represent publicly traded corporations and private businesses in corporate relocations and business expansions by identifying and negotiating incentive packages and presenting the incentive agreements to local governments.
- Work with cities and counties in developing guidelines and agreements for Tax Increment Financing Zones and
Tax Phase-In and Reinvestment Zones.
- Represent businesses in developing and negotiating workforce incentive agreements.
- Represented Marriott International, Inc. in the development and negotiation of economic development incentive agreements for the development of the 1,000 guest room JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa and two PGA Tour golf courses. The incentive agreements include amendments to the City of San Antonio’s Non-Annexation Agreement; the Ad Valorem Tax and Non Resort Sales and Use Tax Public Improvement Financing Agreement; the Hotel Occupancy Tax and Sales and Use Tax Economic Development Agreement; and the Senior Priority Economic Development Agreement. The economic development incentives were facilitated by the passage of special state legislation which authorized the creation of the Cibolo Special Improvement District.
- Represented Colin Medical Investments Corporation in establishing its San Antonio assembly facility. Colin Medical was the City of San Antonio’s first significant corporate relocation seeking City incentives. A key assignment involved the drafting of the City of San Antonio’s initial set of state mandated “Guidelines for Tax Phase-In and Reinvestment Zones.”
- Represented Citicorp Data Systems Incorporated, World Saving Bank (now Wells Fargo), QVC San Antonio, Inc., and BABN Technologies (Oberthur Gaming) in each company’s development of significant facilities and negotiating economic incentive packages.
- Represented GABLG, LLC (Camden Medical Center) in its medical center expansion including the negotiation of a Tax Phase-In Agreement and Economic Development Grant.