- Negotiate acquisition and disposition agreements.
- Structure special improvement districts, tax phase-in agreements, economic development grants and other available agreements to incentivize the development of hotel and resort projects.
- Negotiate “water provision agreements” to service resort golf courses and amenities.
- Develop restrictive covenants to ensure that the surrounding development compliments the hotel and resort development.
- Obtain historical preservation approvals and demolition and building permits for inner city hospitality redevelopment.
- Structure and negotiate ground leases to reflect current hospitality models and future economic trends.
- Represented Marriott International, Inc. in the negotiation of the acquisition and development agreements for the development of the 1,000 guest room JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa. The assignment involved the negotiation and drafting of extensive economic development agreements and agreements facilitating the development of two PGA Tour golf courses—which are the homes of the PGA Tour Valero Texas Open and the PGA Champions Tour AT&T Championship. The transaction involved the passage of special state legislation which authorized the creation of the Cibolo Canyon Special Improvement District.
- Represented HBE Corp. in its acquisition of a major inner city office building and in negotiating a property tax abatement which incentivized the redevelopment of the structure into a 20-plus story full service hotel facility on the San Antonio Riverwalk.
- Represented SAT Houston St. LLC in obtaining the City of San Antonio Historic and Design Review Commission approval of the demolition of structures for the redevelopment of the site as an inner city hotel destination.
- Represented SAT Houston St. LLC in the negotiation of a License Agreement for the construction of valet drop-off lanes.
- Represented SAT Neisner, LLC in the negotiation of various license and use agreements integral to the redevelopment of the historic Neisner Building into a Marriott TownePlace Suites.
- Represented HOLI, Inc. in negotiating signage and encroachment permits necessary for the redevelopment of the historic South Texas Building into a Home 2 Suites by Hilton.
- Represented a hotel developer before the City of San Antonio Historic and Design Review Committee and successfully received a Certificate of Appropriateness from the HDRC to demolish an existing inner city structure necessary for the future redevelopment of the site as a multi-story hotel facility.