- Work with clients in the project concept stage to identify locations which fulfill clients’ current and future growth plans while maximizing potential economic development incentives for their real estate.
- Negotiate and draft acquisition and disposition documents and structure and negotiate financing facilities.
- Identify and develop strategies to address land use issues and represent clients before municipal planning commissions, boards of adjustments, preservation commissions and city and county councils and commissioner courts.
- Structure and negotiate stadium and arena lease agreements and concession agreements.
- Represented Marriott International, Inc. in the negotiation of the acquisition and ancillary agreements for the development of the 1,000 guest room JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa. The assignment involved the negotiation and drafting of extensive economic development agreements and agreements facilitating the development of two PGA Tour golf courses—which are the homes of the PGA Tour Valero Texas Open and the PGA Champions Tour AT&T Championship. The real estate transaction involved the passage of special state legislation which authorized the creation of the Cibolo Canyon Special Improvement District.
- Represents Federal Realty Investment Trust in its redevelopment of historic Houston Street including tax increment financing agreements for the restoration and rehabilitation of iconic structures such as the Kress Building and the design and construction of a 54,000 square foot building that is the home of Walgreens Drug Store on the site of one of the oldest leases in the Walgreens’ system—dating back to the 1930’s.
- Represents Western Rim Investment Advisors in addressing local development issues and in obtaining city and county approvals for Western Rim’s multi-family projects.
- Represents Baywood Hotels and its related entities in addressing municipal issues arising in the development of Baywood’s multiple hotel projects in historic downtown San Antonio. Issues handled by the firm have included obtaining the approvals for the demolition of historic downtown structures, the negotiation of license agreements for encroachments into the public rights-of-way, the negotiation of agreements with the City of San Antonio to facilitate the redevelopment projects, including necessary lane closure permits and ADA compliance.
- Represented HBE in its acquisition and redevelopment of a major inner city office building into a 20-story full service hotel. The representation included the negotiation of necessary entitlements and a ten year property tax abatement agreement.
- Represented a public pension fund in its acquisition of the 1,000,000 + square foot Rivercenter Mall. The engagement involved the review and analysis of tenant and ground leases, entitlements and title matters and the negotiation and closing of acquisition documents.
- Represented the City of San Antonio in its negotiations with professional sports franchises. The representation included the negotiation and drafting of the lease and concession agreements which facilitated the relocation of the World Championship San Antonio Spurs to the Alamodome. Additionally, the firm represented the City of San Antonio in negotiating the stadium use and promotion agreements for the Alamodome inaugural professional football game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Houston Oilers.